10 December 2010

OMG. SNOW.

We're on track to get ... a buttload of snow. Paul Douglas says at least a foot, the Weather Channel is saying 10-16 inches, Accuweather, however, says 7.3 inches. Given their super-precise prediction, I'm hoping that one is right.

Shit, this is a big enough storm that Twins' centerfielder Denard Span and his guns are exhorting Twins fans to drive safe and whatnot. I'm kinda regretting not moving my car to a side street, but digging it out in the morning will serve as a workout, I guess.

I think what's almost worse than all that fucking snow is the ridiculously fucking cold temperatures on the way the next day. A low of -2 on Sunday and a high of 2 on Monday? NOT FUCKING FAIR.

A foot of snow won't stop me from going to my cookie exchange tomorrow, though. I made somewhere in the neighborhood of 14 dozen cookies -- chocolate chocolate chip. Actually, they're dark chocolate chocolate chip, as I used Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder. It's delightful. As are these cookies. In fact, I used Special Dark chocolate chips in one batch. I meant to keep them separate, but, well, I'd been at it for six or so hours and was drinking and I got distracted. Either way, they're delicious.


Just looked out the window -- it's started. There's already a dusting on the sidewalks and cars. Snowmageddon, y'all. Glad I bought two boxes of wine and a bottle of Jameson today. I AM PREPARED.

5 comments:

Reuben said...

Usually I don't mind snow at all, but this time around I'm suffering from an extreme cold/cough, which means I'm not really able to go outside and enjoy all the snow. sucks.

Anonymous said...

where can i find your recipe for those cookies? if you want to email it to me, i will give you my addy.
thanks. (if you don't want to, no problem)
have a good snowstorm.
barbara

Jess said...

If you have skis/snowshoes, you might have enjoyed this snow if you'd not been sick (sucks ... that stuff is going around big time). But even when I was having fun out-of-doors, it was hard getting around.

Jess said...

I decided to leave the recipe in another comment. Couldn't find the link and I modified it anyway.

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups (1 package) chocolate chips

Cream together butter and sugar. Add vanilla and eggs (one at a time) until thoroughly mixed. Combine dry ingredients. Add to sugar/butter mixture in two or three steps. Mix in chocolate chips.

I usually chill the dough here for a couple of hours. If you use a tablespoon to drop them on to the cookie sheet, you'll probably get more than four dozen from this.

Bake 8-10 minutes at 350. Let them cool on the pan for one minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for the recipe. take care of yourself and feel better.
barbara