23 November 2010

Productivity!

When I was tossing and turning in bed from somewhere around 3:00 a.m. until well after 6:00 a.m., I really didn't think I was going to get much done today. When I woke up at nearly 10:00, I couldn't possibly imagine I'd be getting everything done I had on my list. Okay, so there wasn't a list of things to do, but I had some ideas in my head.

Much to my surprise, I managed to clean, run errands, wash my sheets and towels, run another errand and go to yoga. YAY ME. I did also want to throw together some cookies, but it just didn't work out.

I still have to actually put my clean sheets on my bed, wash dishes and take a shower. There's plenty of time, though. I don't have to be at Lyle's until 4:30 tomorrow. Of course, I need to go to the gym and make a cake before I go to the bar.

Getting to Lyle's could be a bit tricky, what with the weather coming our way. I figure, as long as I'm able to get to and from the bus stop without ice skates, I'll be there. Not so sure about other people, however. I hope people make it out. There's something delightful about sitting in one of my favorite bars during a snowstorm.

Sounds like I'll be able to get out to The GTs' on Thursday for Thanksgiving; but just in case, I have my own Thanksgiving meal waiting in the wings. That sounds a bit crazy, and I agree that it is. However, I decided I wanted the "traditional" Thanksgiving leftovers (honestly -- all I want are the leftovers), so sometime Friday or Saturday (maybe even Sunday), I'll be cooking up a turkey breast and some sides. Plus, I need something for the Leftovers party on Saturday.

I have plenty of booze to get me through tomorrow and Thursday, as well, if the weather is too bad to venture out. I AM PREPARED, y'all. I could hole up in my clean apartment and cuddle up in my clean sheets and drink to my heart's content, if necessary. But I hope I get to do some drinking with my friends over the next several days.

No comments: