07 November 2010

Nothing to see here, you lookie-loos.

Went to the Wolves game Friday night with Law Talkin' Gal and her man. Spent yesterday into today with The Boy I Currently Like.

For the second Sunday in a row, I didn't have to do my cooking for the week. Last week, I made veggie chili on Saturday. This week, I made lasagna for me and The Boy for dinner last night. The leftovers should carry me through the rest of the week.

Of course, not having to cook just meant I could spend time working. However, I'm due to have Friday off, and I really, fully intend to not work on Friday. I might even have plans with Law Talkin' Gal (afternoon drunk, anyone?). Things actually might be wrapping up with the project from Hell, but I could totally be wrong on that.

I have to go to my sister's birthday dinner on Tuesday, which I don't really want to do. It was her idea for the three of us siblings, and SILTB I assume, to not exchange birthday and Christmas presents this year. She had the idea last year, and I was absolutely for it. For whatever reason she didn't go through with it. This year, there's an actual reason -- The Wedding. Lovely. We're spending so much money on the wedding, we can't afford to buy each other gifts.

She wants to go out for dinner instead. So, she wants to go for sushi, so she picks a non-sushi place that is fairly expensive. I mean, the nigiri runs a good dollar more than sushi places I generally frequent in the city. Fucking suburbs. And then she picks a place that is like, a regular restaurant, but it also has sushi. Anyway, it's going to end up costing me as much to buy her damn dinner as it would to buy her a fucking birthday present. Nice work.

But it's a short week. I mean, in the grand scheme of things, I already knocked my Monday out today.

No comments: