21 November 2010

Nerdgasm!

I recently returned home from the Lagoon, where I met W to see Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, Part 1. It was awesome!

When I got home, I was still a little jazzed, even. I can't believe I have to wait until, what, July? to see the next one. Of course, I'm probably going back to see this one within a week. I have seen the last several movies with my sister and nephew and I felt like I should see this one with them. However, I just didn't want to wait that long and W wanted to go, so I went. I certainly won't mind seeing it again.

So the movie was awesome, but it's not even the cap to my weekend. The Gophers are playing West Virginia for the Puerto Rico Tip-Off championship right now. It's exciting stuff, y'all. (I just screamed "Yeah! And one, bitches! to my living room, for example.)

It's not like my weekend is really going to end, anyway. I'm not going back to work until a week from tomorrow. That is all kinds of awesome. Of course, I'm hitting that point where I'm not exactly sure what day it is. I had a horrible time trying to remember what I did Friday evening (stopped briefly at a friend's place for a birthday drink and then came home to bake bread and watch the Gophers beat Carolina, which was AWESOME).

Yesterday, I hung out with The Boy I Currently Like. I'm bummed he's going out of town for Thanksgiving, as are KayGee and The Prison Librarian. However, other people are going to be in town. There seems to be a sizable contingent checking in for Thanksgiving Eve at Liquor Lyle's. I'm going to The GTs' for Thanksgiving, and then possibly to W&J's, as well.

Not only are these some of my favorite people, but that means a little dog-petting time for me, as well. Part of the reason I was briefly considering giving in and going home to do Turkey Day with the fam was because I miss the dog. I'm glad I didn't do that, because now I get to spend time with awesome people who also happen to have dogs. I love Brandi, but the dog only does so much to make the situation palatable. When I'm hanging out with really awesome friends, having a dog around is the icing on the cake.

I'm feeling like I'm rambling a bit. I may be drinking a little. Hey -- I don't have to work tomorrow. But I do want to hit the gym before I get my hair done. And I need to clean Tuesday before I head to yoga. And Wednesday, I need to go to the gym and make a Chocolate Stout Cake before I head out to do some Thanksgiving Eve drinkin'.

Doesn't look like there is a ton of couch time in my week ahead, but that's probably for the best.

Addendum: There's a really great post on Jezebel about how choosing to spend the holidays away from your family can really be seen as an act of love. I don't really feel guilty about spending Thanksgiving with friends anymore, but it certainly doesn't hurt to read this. I'm going to make sure to re-read it when I want to come back "early" from Christmas to hang out with The Boy. Or just not be around my family.

No comments: