28 November 2010

But I don't want to go back to work.

Having a week off work -- even if it's a week in which I would have worked just more than two-and-a-half days -- is good for the soul. My soul, anyway.

Not only did I not work, I did a shitload of fun stuff. In fact, I had very little couch time. I'm regretting that a bit now. However, the awesome fun stuff I did with really fucking wonderful people was also good for my soul. Being busy helped me to not miss The Boy I Currently Like so much while he was out of town, as well.

Thanksgiving Eve was a very long, very fun, very drunk night at Liquor Lyle's that wrapped up at Fat Mike the Gangsta's place. My hangover dissipated enough for me to enjoy a crazy good Thanksgiving dinner with The GTs', their families and Jen and Mojo.

My chocolate stout cake went over well, but the meal (prime rib with horseradish cream, rosemary-parmesan mashed potatoes, roasted broccoli, popovers and a Caesar salad featuring homemade dressing and homemade croutons -- oh, and an apple-cranberry upside-down cake) was the star. Unfortunately, by the time I got home, I was just too stuffed to do anything other than put on yoga pants and lay on the couch. So, I didn't get to go to W&J's place for more food, booze, dogs and company.

Friday, Sweetness and I went to The Replacements tribute at First Ave. It was BRILLIANT. I had so much fun. I mean, I've gone to tons of great shows over the years, but this was different. There were local bands playing short sets in both the Mainroom and the Entry and you were free to go back and forth. Unfortunately, we ended up leaving before the main event, which was a cover-to-cover performance of Tim. We'd been there and on our feet for more than four hours and we were TIRED.

We totally saw Nick Swardson there, too. He's super short.

Last night was the annual post-thanksgiving eating of leftovers and drinking ridiculous amounts of red wine at The GTs' place. Apparently, we set a new record this year. That's impressive, because we downed about 16 bottles of red wine last year. I brought a Bota Box instead of a single bottle of wine this year. Yet that and the second Bota Box were gone before 9:00 (I think). I love these people.

So now I'm sitting here watching Sunday Night Football and doing laundry and dreading going back to work tomorrow. There will be no sleeping in, no leisurely trip to the gym around mid-morning. At least it's only a four-day week. As is next week. And the week after that. Then two more weeks of blissful not working. Quite frankly, I don't want to think about what happens after that.

No comments: