23 October 2010

Please don't be jealous of my fabulous life.

You totally want to be working on a Saturday evening, don't you? You'd give anything to somehow work 40+ hours in a week where you had two vacation days, wouldn't you? I know I'm loving it.

Oh wait. I'm actually not loving it. Right now, I hate my job with a passion. I dread going back to the office on Monday. I dread hearing from this client who is making my life miserable. Nothing is good enough for them, but they really won't give us any more feedback than that. We don't like it, we're unhappy, we're finding this stuff that you aren't finding, but we won't tell you what it is that we're finding that's more what we want than what you are giving us.

Hey, thanks. Dicks.

We have a liaison with this client who has called me twice now to apologize for the behavior of the actual people who are using my work. My boss has also reassured me that I'm doing just great. Oh, and the liaison called my boss to tell him he needed to call me and make sure I was okay.

In some ways, I'm regretting staying at this job. However, I highly doubt I'd be any happier at the job I was offered and turned down. It would probably just be a different kind of hateful. Why be new miserable when I can be a miserable I've been in the past?

At least I'm done working for the night. Or almost done working. I've started drinking, so I really can't do much more. I didn't work at all last night, but I felt bad showing up at The Boy I Currently Like's house in a less-than-great mood. I shook it off eventually, thanks to his awesomeness. And wine. And some dogs on the TV. How can you stay in a funk with all that goodness around you?

The worst part about all of this is that I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel. I know this has to end sometime soon, but I honestly don't know when it will. I was just thinking a bit ahead of the pace of my fingers on the keyboard and I started to have a wee panic attack. So I'm just going to stop thinking about all of that this second. I can't deal with any of that terror at the moment. Nor can I deal with my messy-ass apartment, meal planning or laundry.

It's time for drinking and maybe playing a little Super Mario Brothers 3, which I just downloaded onto my Wii ... yesterday. But probably after baseball. This game is actually a bit compelling.

No comments: