10 October 2010

More of the same.

I guess it's about time for that weekend wrap-up post I tend to do on Sundays. I've made this week's lunch and done the dishes and the blogging generally comes next. It wasn't the best weekend I've ever had. The Twins shit the bed in the playoffs, I'm still sick, my fantasy football team lost and I spent the bulk of the afternoon today working.

That being said, it was absolutely gorgeous this weekend. It's truly Indian summer. Unfortunately, with being sick and wiped out, I didn't get to enjoy it to the extent I should, but what can you do? There'll be another summer.

Friday night I got to spend a good chunk of time outside on KayGee and The Prison Librarian's deck. The Boy I Currently Like and I went there to hang out and have dinner and we had a lovely time. He genuinely likes them and that makes me pretty darn happy. Of course, I had to leave abruptly, because my allergies caught up with me and all of a sudden, I could barely breathe. Not that I could breathe well before we got there, but it got pretty bad there at the end.

The rest of Friday night and the good chunk of time I spent with The Boy on Saturday was delightful, as always. I spent a good deal of time feeling like a jackass because I was tired and had to go to bed "early" (this translates to 2:00 a.m. instead of 4:00 a.m.). Then I spent a lot of time coughing. It's really hard to be in a cuddly sleeping position when I have to roll over and turn away every few minutes to cough. He said I didn't bother him, but he was awake a lot more than he usually is. Then again, I'm always waking up when he moves or talks in his sleep or scratches my head or does some other weird sleep thing.

I'm NOT looking forward to going back to work tomorrow, but when am I ever? It just feels like there's no relief on the horizon. I'm taking two days off next week to hang out with my nephew while my sister is working, and I'm dreading how behind I'll end up out of the office for two days. Yet, I have to take my time off, or I'll lose it. I'm fucked no matter what I do. BAH.

Yet, not being in the office feels so good. I won't have to spend all day with him, so I can get my workout in earlier and not feel horrible about working in the evening. Right? Sure.

I was really hoping I'd be able to get back to the gym today, but wasn't feeling like it was a great idea yesterday. I compromised today and walked to the grocery store. It kinda kicked my ass. Poop. I'm still going to try to do something at the gym tomorrow. When the coughing fit starts, or I start getting dizzy (which was happening in my kitchen while I was cooking tonight), I'll leave. It's been a week and that's too long. Besides, it'll help get the shit out of my lungs.

Feels like I'm rambling and not saying much of anything. I was going to mention a couple of things I was hoping to blog about this week, but I'm not confident I'll remember or stick to writing about those things if I do remember. I'm not going to make promises I can't keep to y'all. It's the least I can do, right?

No comments: