05 October 2010

Drinkin' cough syrup from the bottle.

That's right. I am one classy broad. It would seem it's time for my annual Fall cold. Once everyone's kids get back into school and they get sick, I end up sick a couple of weeks later. Fun!

Oh well. It's just a cold and I probably feel worse today because I was out late last night at First Ave seeing Broken Social Scene, who are one of my favorite bands in the whole wide world. It was hands-down the best show I've seen this year and I am pretty certain it's the best show I've seen since the last time they were in town two years ago.

Fortunately, with the Twins starting the playoffs tomorrow, I will have another chill couple of nights at home relaxing on the couch. Because I am 100 percent certain I will be relaxing tomorrow night and not, you know, being all angst-y and screaming at the TV and generally going nuts. Why, that doesn't sound like me at all.

(Side note: I feel like maybe I'm going to not be watching House so much this season. It feels like maybe it jumped the shark a little. Poop.)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go monitor The Facebook to see the OMG, RANDY MOSS!!!!!11!! posts.

3 comments:

Bill From Gainesville said...

I hope the Twins take down the Yankees and then the Rays take down the twins.... - So this series anyways, I am a HUGE twins fan.

Jess said...

I'm not looking beyond even tomorrow. But as a resident of Twins Territory, I think I can say that we appreciate your support.

Anonymous said...

now that my Red Sox are out of it, the Twins have my permission, and support, to go ahead and win it all.
b.