28 October 2010

The day I've been dreading has arrived.

My mom sent me a friend request on Facebook this morning. It's been almost two years since I stared freaking out about having family as friends on Facebook. Wow, really?

None of that has turned out too badly, but I'm still not happy about this. I'll hold off as long as possible (perhaps until my sister or brother friends her first), but it seems pretty much inevitable now.

There goes the whole "secret boyfriend" thing. Poop. POOP, I say.

3 comments:

Cosmos said...

You can put your mom in a list, and then customize her access to your profile.

I have friends on FB that aren't allowed to see much of anything about me -- no pics and no updates.

Jess said...

You know, I've tried to create a list of people (mostly family and friends from home) who don't see stuff I'd post about my blog, as I'm super-mega-paranoid about my family not reading it. But when I've tried to do the "see your profile as this person would," it shows stuff they're not supposed to see.

I just don't trust it. But maybe I'll give it another go.

Anonymous said...

knowing nothing about Facebook, i am thinking maybe you could make up a whole new Facebook page altogether (sort of like a crooked bookkeeper keeps 2 parallel sets of books). would that work?
barbara