07 September 2010

I wish I had more to say.

I should probably be doing some work, but dammit, I just can't bring myself to do it.

My extra-long weekend was pretty good. Obviously, it started off with a bang in the form of baby animals at Como Zoo. Apparently, a video The Boy I Currently Like took of the baby giraffe trying to sit down in a highly awkward fashion is still cracking him up. The particularly hilarious part is when I say "Yay!" and clap when the baby giraffe finally sits down. I was just being supportive, for Christ's sake! He tried and failed the first time.

Spending Sunday with The Boy was also a lot of fun. The Twins game with the fam on Saturday was mostly good. The game itself was freakin' sweet -- Jim Thome's homers, Matt Tolbert's two triples, pretty good seats, many Summits and a Kramarczuk's brat kind of make for a good afternoon. I sat by my dad and barely talked to anyone else, so my mom and sister didn't bug the ever-living fuck out of me. Really, other than my mom coming in and telling me I need to clean within 30 seconds and my dad calling my apartment a dump, it was good.

Of course, I'm still dwelling on both of those things. I'm sorry I don't keep a super clean house, mom. I'm sorry my apartment has drafty windows, dad. I'm sorry I'm a failure in every fucking possible way and make you regret bringing me into this world. Shocking that I don't want to spend a lot of time with you, huh?

I'm not sure if it's lingering shitty feelings from my parents, the turn in the weather (not all bad -- it's good sleepin' weather) or something else, but I've been feeling fairly shitty the last few days. Today it was more about how fucking ugly I am, but there's a general feeling of I Suck happening. But what can you do? I'll get over it.

Not tomorrow, though. I have to get fitted for my bridesmaid dress. BLECH.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU do not suck. Certain members of your family suck. HUGE difference.
b.

Jess said...

Oh, I suck in my own way. But thank you for the reminder.