18 August 2010

THOME!

Last night was my first visit to Target Field to see the local baseballers. It was everything I could have asked for, and then some.

My sister accompanied me and my coworkers to the game and she got things started off nicely when she complained about my whistling. Fuck. Off. She wasn't too bad otherwise, I guess. And I can't say I was upset when she left at the end of the seventh to get a ride home from brother and SILTB, who were in attendance elsewhere in the park.

We got our tickets months ago -- before the season had even started -- and we couldn't possibly asked for a more beautiful evening. It was gorgeous. I have managed to get to a game against the hated Bitch Sox for a few years in a row now (if I remember correctly), and these games always have playoff implications and rarely disappoint. But a bottom of the 10th inning, walk-off, two-run homer? Possibly the first walk-off homer ever at Target Field (pretty sure I knew that going in and pretty sure I heard Dick confirm it while watching highlights)? Man, that was definitely worth the price of admission and then some.

I'm totally wiped out today, because I was super giddy when I got home last night and it took quite a while to come down from that. Again, totally worth it, though. I'll try to get some pictures posted later that are not from my shitty phone, but at least I had that one.

3 comments:

Bill From Gainesville said...

I went and saw the twins beat the Rays in St Pete on August 5th.-- 8 to 6. (not the outcome I was looking for) they are a pretty good ball club. - Hopefully the Rays will win the AL East and that will be the first playoff series of the post season for the RAYS and the Twins. -- No matter what happens though in the series after that against the Yankees I hope either the RAYS or the twins or the rangers take them down. down...

Jess said...

I'm pretty thrilled the Rays have tied up the division. That's going to be a fun one to watch.

We got highlights on the Jumbotron (which, from across the stadium, has a better picture than my TV) of the game last night. I was surprised to see them beat up on the Rangers so badly.

Anonymous said...

the Rangers aren't that good this season, at least not playing like it. just so the Yankees still suck . . . .
b.