28 August 2010

Must. Stop. Baking.

Having an entire weekend ALL TO MYSELF has me going crazy in the kitchen. I mean, I've not spent all of my time in the kitchen. I went to the gym and did laundry today. I watched the Twins last night and today. I've watched a lot of NewsRadio from my DVR.

However, I've also made shortbread, homemade pizza, chicken pot pie (with drop biscuit top crust) and I'm close to finishing up with my chocolate cookies. Tomorrow, I'm planning on naan and a whatever-I-have-available ratatouille. Oh, and basil pesto.

The shortbread is fantastic. I finished the pizza off for lunch today. I fucked up the biscuit topping for the chicken pot pie. Well, I meant to add fresh thyme and granulated garlic and onion to the biscuit dough. I got distracted and forgot. However, even though it's a frozen-vegetable, last-of-the-rotisserie-chicken, cream-of-mushroom-soup (it's what I had), with non-flavored-biscuit-topping pot pie, I had a hard time stopping myself from eating it. I mostly made it so I didn't feel as if I was wasting the rest of the chicken.

I think the cookies are pretty good, but really sweet. Maybe they'll taste better tomorrow. Or with milk. I ate one while I was drinking a vodka-pomegranate limeade drink. The two didn't go so well together.

Probably, it would have been nice if I'd just been able to veg and lay on the couch. However, that seems to work best when I have other things to do. Ain't that always the way?

No comments: