06 July 2010

So this is how it happens.

The Boy I Currently Like mentioned not that long ago that he was thinking about trying to be more active. Yesterday, I got this bright idea related to that. I e-mailed him and said, "I know this sounds kinda couple-y workout, which I hate, but maybe we could hang out on a weeknight and go for a walk around Lake Calhoun ..." and he said, "Boy, that does sound couple-y workout. But maybe we could do it anyway."

Wait. What?

Is this how it happens? I've never been the kind of girl who does stuff like that. I mock those people. Yet here I am suggesting something dangerously close to that. And The Boy is dangerously close to agreeing to it.

The thing is, it doesn't feel as weird or icky as I thought it might. Of course, if I stop to think about it, I get a little squicked out. Or I would if I didn't dig him so much. Maybe it's not so bad.

In different and mildly exciting news regarding The Boy I Currently Like, I've decided to start referring to him as my Gentleman Caller. It's genteel, classy, ridiculous and a nod to Blanche Devereaux. He didn't seem keen on it at first, but he busted it out last week and said he's proud to use it. So that's good. Now I need to find an occasion to use it.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh, calm down. It's just a walk. People take them all the time. It's not obnoxious and couple-y. It's just a freakin' walk! :)

Jess said...

It's a slippery slope!

Anonymous said...

a slippery slope to . . . .? what?
and how horrible would it be?

barbara

Jess said...

Matching track suits? I don't know. I was just being silly.