25 May 2010

The joys of renting.

I called the management company Sunday night, because my toilet started leaking. I'm not entirely sure where, but it seems to leak somewhere along the lines from the pipes into the tank.

Fast forward to today. Toilet is still leaking, no indication that anyone has been here to check out the problem. Hey, I'm not the one who has to pay if the water damage fucks up the floor and my toilet falls through to the basement. But I could be injured. And I would be seriously inconvenienced.

They're usually so good about coming out to fix or at least check problems. They usually call, too, to let me know what's up.

Now, I have to play the game of figuring how long to wait before calling them again. I don't want to be an annoying nag, but well, there are the aforementioned potential problem.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh, man, I would have called the next day to just "check in" about a timeframe for it being fixed. Unless they think you can pay them less than 100% of your rent for a less than 100%-functioning apartment, you can nag.

Bill From Gainesville said...

Your water bill though.... Not Nagging could cost you... (unless water is included in the rent)

Jess said...

Yeah, I said something to someone about "We'll see how prompt I am getting my rent check in next week."

Water is included in the rent. They watch that bill pretty closely, too. So, it kind of surprises me that they would blow it off. They've come out to check for leaks on several occasions because the water bill was high.

Eh, I'll call again if they've not come out yet today.