03 May 2010

All is right with the world.

Okay, that's a bit of an overstatement. A lot of an overstatement, even. That doesn't change the way I feel, though. Tonight, I went to a yoga class taught by Renee, my favorite yoga instructor ever.

Y'all, I was borderline giddy when I saw her. Possibly more than borderline. Totally fucking giddy. I hope I didn't scare her. Honestly, I realized this was the first great yoga class I'd had since she left Bally.

It may seem sad or pathetic that something as small and simple as changing gyms could totally change my outlook on life, but I choose to see it in a positive light. I've got a renewed zest for working out, which certainly can't be a bad thing, can it?

Even before I joined LA Fitness, I was working my way back from fucking up my knees and being flat-fucking broke, which led me to not be able to get to the gym like I should and also caused me to eat kinda poorly, because sometimes, good-for-you food is more expensive than shitty food. My pants are loosening back up again and I can only imagine I'll get back to where I was faster now that I can do a full workout and I'm actually motivated to do it. I WANT TO GO TO THE GYM. I'm going to start improving again in yoga -- getting stronger and more flexible, being able to do more things and new things. It's so exciting!

It's ridiculous to think that earlier today, I was planning to use my free moments to compose a blog post talking about how last night I was hit with the realization I was going to be alone forever (which is not really a new realization, I've pretty much always thought that. It just seemed super dire last night); how I didn't know how things were going or would be going with The Boy I Currently Like, or worse.

But now, I'm on a yoga/cardio high. When I got out of the shower, I was worried I wasn't going to sleep tonight. I'm coming down now, so maybe I will be able to get to bed at a decent hour.

I can't tell y'all how glad I am that I made this change. And I'm still mildly astonished that I just. fucking. did. it. Very little hesitation. No worries about looking like an idiot. It's all so unlike me. Perhaps I've turned over a new leaf? It's doubtful, but you have to start somewhere, right?

No comments: