15 April 2010

Oh, honestly!

Nick Punto was once again a momentum killer today, but I'm letting him off the hook, because he also started a big inning for the Twins in their win over the Red Sox today.

I was exchanging e-mails with The Boy I Currently Like and had told him of Punto's momentum-killing. But then, he started momentum! When I told The Boy, he came back with, "With no one on base, how could Nick Punto not lash out a multi-base hit?" It's funny 'cause it's true.

My hatred of Jesse Crain has become well-known around the office, apparently. I came back from afternoon trivia, where we were discussing how the game was 8-0 in the eighth inning. The guys who sit behind me called me a bit closer to tell me that the Twins went into the eighth or ninth with the 8-0 lead, but they brought Jesse Crain in and he blew it and they lost 9-8. I very momentarily believed them.

As it turns out one of the two coworkers, who only comes in once a week or so, also hates Jesse Crain. The guy who sits right behind me mentioned that I also hate Jesse Crain, and so they cooked up the story. It's really sad that I actually believed them.

There are probably other things I could write about ... I must be in a pretty good mood, because I had what could have been a very shitty yoga class tonight, but I actually enjoyed it. The Boy and I went through a little rough patch recently, but we seem to have come through it without any damage. His awesomeness never ceases to amaze me. I'm struggling with feeling fat, ugly and generally disgusting, mostly because that's what I am. But I'm trying to soldier on at the gym and eat well and all that. The ugliness ... well, there's not much I can do about that.

But I have to run. I've got treats to finish for the Law Talkin' Gal's (her new blog nickname!) birthday.

No comments: