07 March 2010

Things are looking up?

I'm holding on, just waiting for things to start being awesome. It's still above freezing at 10:00 p.m. This is excellent. Temps are supposed to flirt with 50 all week. I can still hear the drip, drip, dripping of thawing snowpack when I go out to fuck with my laundry.

My raise will be coming with my next paycheck. It'll take a while for me to have extra money to flit away, but I'll be able to pay all my bills and still have money left for the first few checks. I'm having a hard time really imagining what it will be like. I've never had extra money. This is going to be weird, but probably good. And of course, once I get used to it, it won't be enough. Fucking life.

It's Championship Week on ESPN, et al. Honestly, when I was unemployed at this time two years ago, this week fucking RULED. I was watching basketball for at least 12 hours a day. It was a happy time. This time around, it'll just be watching every night this week (West Coast Conference tournament is on right now). UNCW is out of it. The Gophers play Thursday. But regardless of the teams to which I have an allegiance, I get to watch a shit ton of basketball.

Speaking of college basketball, this is my last full week of work before I get some time off. I think I've mentioned to The Boy I Currently Like the past two weekends that "Hey, we only have X many days until we get a short week!" Because, you see, we both take the first two days of the NCAA tournament off work. Last year, I even got to hang out with him the first day of the tournament. It was awesome. Days of drinking and basketball ... does it get any better? I mean, besides the not working part?

So, things seem to be improving. Even my fucked up knees are getting better. If it goes another month, I might end up going to the doctor. However, I notice improvement, so I don't think that's necessary.

No comments: