15 March 2010

Ineptitude.

My front driver's side tire is low, so I stopped yesterday to try to put some air in it on the way home from the gym. I was having trouble with it, and my knees were killing me from squatting (they're not quite better yet, but they are improving). So, I said "Fuck it," and went home.

After the gym tonight, I thought I'd give it another go. However, there's something incredibly wrong with me, because after 10 minutes, I'd only managed to remove air from the tire. I was tired and hungry. So, I said "Fuck it," again.

Honestly, who can't put air in their goddamn tires? What the fuck is wrong with me? Granted, I can replace a headlight. But putting air in the tires is something anyone can do. Anyone but me, of course.

I remember having trouble in the past putting air in my tires, so clearly, these aren't fancy new tires that are difficult to fill with air. No, I just suck.

But I'm going to try again tomorrow, and keep trying, until I either get it right or I just give up and get an oil change on Friday. They'll do it for me. Still, I suck ass. And I was having such a great day, too ...

3 comments:

Rafa said...

women...

Bill From Gainesville said...

I am excellent at putting Air in tires, but would never even try to change a headlight out...

Jess said...

It's really not that tough. It's way easier on my 2004 car than it was on my '98. To be fair, I never changed a headlight on my Beretta, which was a ... 1990? I did change a tire on that, though. And on my 1980 Olds.

If I can change a tire, I should be able to put some goddamn air in it, shouldn't I?