31 January 2010

Smell ya later, January.

Is it just me, or has this January been worse than most? There's no way February can be as bad, right? God, I fucking hope that's the case.

This particular January, what with my being seriously broke, has left me feeling like a huge loser. I couldn't go to Erin's '80stastic 30th birthday party; I couldn't make the Classy Broads' Xmas, either. The couple of things I managed to do (Sarah's birthday and meeting the World's Worst Wing Woman's boyfriend), I did half-heartedly, because having no money has made me pretty damn depressed.

Not everything about January has been horrible. I've left work a couple of times before the sun had set. The Boy I Currently Like has been awfully kick-ass. That's pretty much it, I guess.

The lack of money is looming over February like a green-gray-black thunderhead, unfortunately. It's looking like I'll be home alone for the Super Bowl. That means no one will have to hear me lose my shit over the Tim Tebow/Focus on the Family ad. Actually being able to watch the game and whatnot is a bit of a novelty, I must say.

I'm beginning to worry I won't be able to have the Mardi Gras party. Mostly because of financial difficulties, but also because work is back to where it was pre-holiday. I spent a good three hours working today. Awesome. Not. Then there's my birthday that same week and I just don't feel like asking anyone to do anything with me, as I'm a huge fucking loser at the moment.

Motherfucker. Maybe it'll all be better when I wake up in the morning. Hahahahaha. Yeah, right.

3 comments:

Bill From Gainesville said...

Wow = Just keep on keeping on and February will turn it around for ya!

Lisa T said...

Just had to visit your blog because the title is the best ever. Here's to hoping Feb. is better than Jan.

Jess said...

Thanks, y'all.