12 January 2010

I always believed you, José.

Tonight at the gym, I was switching my attention between CNN and college basketball on ESPN (eat it, Purdue!) while doing cardio. The teasers for Larry King Live were all about José Canseco.

You may or may not have heard that Mark McGwire admitted using steroids for a decade while playing baseball. Including the season he broke the home run record. I gotta tell you, I was shocked -- SHOCKED, I say!

Fast forward to the game being over (again, eat it, Purdue!. I turn my full attention to CNN. Apparently, Canseco canceled at the last minute because he was having a breakdown and was emotionally drained and tired of having to defend himself.

Man, if I was José Canseco, I would have gone on Larry King Live and shown my bare ass to America while singing Grace Adler's Mom's "Told ya so," song. I would have gloated my motherfucking ass off.

Speaking of McGwire, have you seen his neck? Kids, DON'T TAKE STEROIDS. Dammit. I can't find a good picture. It's totally gross, though.

5 comments:

the iNDefatigable mjenks said...

The announcers kept talking about what a wonderful comeback Ohio State pulled, but they didn't mention at all about the meltdown by Purdue. Make a few of those lay-ups and you'll be good to go, Boilers.

Not that I don't love seeing you lose. Even if Chris Kramer went to my high school.

Yeah, if I was Canseco, I would be EVERYWHERE pounding my chest and saying "You people said I was lying, You people didn't want to believe me, You people said I was full of shit, and yet, I've been proven right time and time and time and time and time and time again!!!"

I guess Jose's just a better person than I am.

Jess said...

It's a sad day when you realize Jose Canseco is a better person than you are. But I'm dealing with it as best I can.

Had a hard time rooting for OSU last night. Ohio State and Purdue are the two Big Ten teams I actively hate. Usually, I'll cheer for teams outside of conference play, but not those two.

Guess I'm glad I've not espoused my views on Kramer, lest I offend a reader. Whew! (I think he looks like a date rapist.)

kate said...

I found myself to be extremely confused on Monday when the "announced" that McGwire had done steriods because I thought that this had been exposed awhile ago. I seriously looked around and asked people "didn't this happen, like, 5 years ago? Who DIDN'T know that he was on steroids??"

Jess said...

I think the sticky wicket is that he actually admitted to using steroids.

We all knew it. He just thought he was pulling one over on us. 'Cause he's stupid.

the iNDefatigable mjenks said...

Look, just because he went to my high school doesn't mean I like him. Insult him all you want. I'll probably laugh with you.

I'm late in the follow-up. I'm sorry. It's been a shitty week with me and the technology.

And...you're right. He does look like he'd slip you a roofie the moment your head is turned.