25 January 2010

Eat it, Favre.

I cannot tell you how glad I am that the Saints won last night. There was no way I could take another two weeks of Vikings-related Facebook status updates. Sure there will be some trickles through today and maybe the next few days. But for the most part, it's over.

Being the asshole that I am, I had to post a little something that now has the potential to devolve into something of a Facebook slap fight between a high school friend and The Boy I Currently Like. To be fair, the high school friend deserves it for getting all huffy about me and another high school friend (I'm not alone!) breaking up with the Vikings.

Can this be at once completely ridiculous and yet totally awesome? I hope so, because that's what it feels like.

Honestly, seeing "Good. We don't need either of you," is damn near enough to make me a Packer fan. It feels a little wrong to be a fan of a team simply out of spite, but it does sound like something I would do. Because I'm an asshole. Either way, I feel motivated to really decide on a new team.

4 comments:

the iNDefatigable mjenks said...

I'm a Packer fan out of spite to the Bears for raping my ears with "Super Bowl Shuffle".

Jess said...

We will gladly accept you over at Packer Nation. I, too, couldn't have handled another two weeks of Vikings' status updates and have to say that once the Vikings lost, I posted a FB status of "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAH AHAHA," which I think got my point across. I like when spite brings me joy. :)

Minnesota, you've been Favred! Enjoy the "will he or won't he" retirement drama in the off-season.

Jess said...

So spite is a perfectly good reason to be a fan of a team? Sweet!

You're totally confusing me, Commenter Jess. I saw your comment in my e-mail and I was all "Was I in a trance and commented on that post?"

I must say that Packer fans do seem terribly welcoming when I mentioned I've broken up with the Vikings.

Jess said...

Sorry about the confusion! I should have perhaps signed with my blog name, but i don't always update it regularly. However, I'll do that from now on when I comment! If you see anything from Ginger, that will be me, the artist formerly known as Jess.

I find spite to be a perfectly good reason for a lot of things. Why not regarding sports' fandom?

And yes, I'm not surprised that Packer fans are trying to lure you over. Anyone that jumps the Viking ship is welcome, as they are our most hated foe.

Bastards.