28 December 2009

Top albums of 2009.

I Voted in 89.3 The Current's Top 89 Albums of 2006

I seem to recall The Current's Top 89 being albums in the past, but I could be wrong. This year, it was singles. So, I chose my favorite songs from the year. They are listed below, in no particular order. Well, I guess its alphabetical.

The Avett Brothers, "I and Love and You" (I and Love and You)
The Big Pink, "Crystal Visions" (A Brief History Of Love)
Brendan Benson, "A Whole Lot Better" (My Old, Familiar Friend)
Doves, "Kingdom of Rust" (Kingdom of Rust)
Feist and Ben Gibbard, "Train Song" (Dark Was The Night)
Magnolia Electric Co., "Little Sad Eyes" (Josephine)
Metric, "Gimme Sympathy" (Fantasies)
Neko Case, "Fever" (Middle Cyclone)
Thao with The Get Down Stay Down, "When We Swam" (Know Better Learn Faster)
White Rabbits, "Percussion Gun" (It's Frightening)

I had a really tough time deciding which songs from Fantasies and Middle Cyclone to include in my list, and that is because those are, hands down, my favorite albums of the year. I've listened to both so much, I've worried about wearing the CDs out. I love both of these discs so much, they will appear on my top albums of the decade list (coming soon!).

Again, these are my favorite albums. I'm sure there are plenty of entries missing. Like Grizzly Bear, which appeared on a lot of "top" lists. But I liked their first disc better. I'm fickle that way.

White Rabbits, It's Frightening
Neko Case, Middle Cyclone
Mos Def, The Ecstatic
Magnolia Electric Co., Josephine
Doves, Kingdom of Rust
Brendan Benson, My Old Familiar Friend
The Big Pink, A Brief History of Love
The Avett Brothers, I And Love And You
A.C. Newman, Get Guilty
Metric, Fantasies

Please note: links are for educational purposes only. If you like it, buy the album.

No comments: