21 December 2009

There must not be a moment of rest.

I'm not entirely sure what I've done to piss off The Universe (or the Baby Jebus). I guess the possibilities are endless, quite frankly. That kind of thing happens when you're an awful, awful person.

One might think that your last day of work for the year would mean a burden lifted from your shoulders. And I did feel that way for a bit yesterday. Of course, that dissolved very quickly when I got to work and read a bitchy e-mail from my mom.

We're supposed to get snow Wednesday through Friday. Awesome for holiday travel! Mom was all, "You need to come home on Wednesday. If you insist on waiting to do your shopping until Thursday, you can take the 4x4 pick-up or our SUV to Mankato. That is, if you want to be home for Christmas." (Note: I hate driving those monstrous fucking vehicles when conditions are good.)

It took every fucking ounce of my willpower to not say, "You know what? I don't want to be home for Christmas. So, I'll catch you later." And I'm not insisting on waiting to do all of my shopping on Christmas Eve. I don't get paid until then, so I have no choice but to wait until then to get my last few gifts. And I'm not going to tell her that tomorrow and likely Wednesday are going to be shot because I'm getting an IUD.

I DO NOT NEED THIS. Honest to Christ, right now, the last thing I want to do is go home for Christmas. And my mom wants me to stay all weekend for a "mother-daughter weekend?" Jesus Christ, lady. Are you trying to kill me? I mentioned this in my post yesterday, but she said "Do you have a boyfriend? Is that why you can't spend any time with your family?" when I said I couldn't do the mother-daughter weekend. I SEE YOU PEOPLE ALMOST EVERY FUCKING WEEKEND. What the fuck more do they need? At the moment, I have no plans for Christmas or the 26th or really any time. I just don't want to be around those people.

The worst thing about today, though? Not the fact that the doctor's office fucked up and called in my cooter pill to a Walgreens that was a seven-mile round-trip away (instead of the Walgreens seven blocks from here). No. I had a slice of bacon I was going to bring to work to add to my turkey pita with cranberry relish and wasabi mayo. However, I not only forgot it at home; I also left it on the kitchen table. So I lost a piece of bacon. Nooooooooooo!

Blergh. January generally fucking blows, but it can't get here fast enough at this point.

No comments: