08 December 2009

Run for your lives, IT'S SNOWING.

It's all anyone can talk about. I'm not entirely sure why. I mean, this is Minnesota. We do get snow here. It is December, after all.

And yet, here we are. My Facebook status updates are about 75 percent snow-related. It has been all over whatever news I've read/heard over the last couple of days. Oh, and I'm writing about it, too! Because I cannot help myself, dammit. What else is there to talk about?

I was one of the last people to leave the office today -- at 4:30. It wasn't even that bad at that time (or even too terrible now, really). My drive was slow and I saw some sort of accident on my way home. I don't know if someone was hit or spun out, but I saw a car shoot across three lanes of traffic and up the embankment. It almost looked like they were trying to drive up it. They were not successful.

Quite frankly, I'm not too upset about this storm. That is because I'm working from home tomorrow, along with apparently most of the office. IT was working feverishly to clear up space on the server so there would be room for us all to connect remotely. Because I trust them so much, I made sure to e-mail a shit-ton of stuff to my Gmail account.

So, I'm home and finally taking a break from work (gross) to make tacos. That's right. I'm having tacos. Jealous? I can stay up late(ish) because my commute will take all of five seconds. I can work uninterrupted tomorrow and get lots done. I'm going to have a good breakfast, too. Leisurely mornings RULE.

We got an extra week on this god-awful project, which is AWESOME. It's also shocking given the complete and utter stupidity of these people. Honest to Christ. I'm writing to a third-grade level now. If I could represent everything in pictures, I would. Oh God. It's so awful. This does mean that I really shouldn't have to worry about leaving anything hanging before I go "on vacation." So, that's good.

Wow. What a boring post. Eh. What can you do? My life, she is boring.

Don't forget, you still have time to submit a food-related haiku to win a case of popchips! or some Bacon Salt-y stuff. But if you don't want to entertain me and maybe win some tasty stuff for yourself, fine. See if I care!

1 comment:

Lilly said...

ahaha, so true. The conversation has been completely snow related around these parts. Every year it's like it has never happened before. Hilarious.