04 December 2009

Oh, for the love of Christ.

Please tell me what the point of using a template is, when you really can't use the template? "Hey, we're going to use this template for each of these 15 documents. Except they all need to be totally different, or no one will read them."

And the people reading it? Apparently, they can barely fucking read. Oh, I don't need to write to a third grade level, but no higher than sixth grade. I can't use my nephew as an example, though, because he's smart. I need to write to dumb sixth graders. Do you know how difficult that is to do when you're discussing the utility industry? It's not easy, I'll tell you that much.

Oh, and thanks for getting back to us with all of these changes three weeks after we sent you the original documents and 10 days before everything else is due. This, of course, is well after you cut six weeks off the original project schedule and doubled the workload.

Let me tell you how much I love chatting with my colleague three or four times a day about how much work we have and how stressed he is and how he doesn't know how we're all going to get this done and do you have any suggestions on how to do this and I need this done today and you're not going to get it done and oh, hey, you totally got it done and OH MY GOD, WOULD YOU SHUT UP AND LET ME WORK?

I just have one full week of work left this month. I can do this. I have booze, I have the gym, I have ... I'm sure I have other things. Oh yeah, Christmas shopping and no money to do so and all kinds of family obligations. I'm just going to hide under my bed until January 2, if no one minds.

4 comments:

oh well why not? said...

Have you ever heard the expression, 'When life gives you lemons, make lemonade and then toss it in the face of the person who gave you the lemons until they give you the oranges you asked for in the first place

Jess said...

Don't try to confuse me with the facts!

Bill From Gainesville said...

YOU HAVE CHRISTMAS SHOPPING AND NO MONEY TO DO SO ALSO! - Thought I was the only one who has that disease. I see you also have "lots of family obligations" ME TOO!!

Jess said...

I think pretty much everyone has that disease.