30 December 2009

Let the drinking begin.

Oh, who am I kidding? I've been boozing it up all vacation. Today marks the start of actual events involving drinking. There are really only two such events, I guess. But that's probably enough.

I'm heading out in a bit for a little sushi happy hour with KayGee and The Prison Librarian. I cannot wait to see them. Sounds like we'll be doing a little mini Uptown pub crawl, going to The Independent after for their extended happy hour.

You know, I cannot remember the last time I went to happy hour. Being busy and broke will do that to you. Also knowing I can get an entire bottle of Three Buck Chuck for the price of one happy hour glass of wine makes it not seem like such a great deal. I can't get sushi at home, though. So there's that.

Tomorrow is the New Year's Eve party with The Boy I Currently Like's friends. I'm really, really nervous and I'm trying not to think too much about it before I need to. However, I've been peppering The Boy with my silly, neurotic questions for the last couple of days. I want them to like me, you know. I certainly don't want to reflect badly on him.

Eh. I'll worry about it tomorrow. I've got Law & Order to wacth and getting ready to do at the moment.

3 comments:

Little Ms Blogger said...

Wait. Is this the first time you're meeting his friends? I thought you met most of them?

Well, if you haven't...just think, it's New Year's Eve and they won't really remember a thing the next day. It's like having a free hall pass.

Jess said...

I'd met like, three, before last night.

As it turns out, many of them ended up at the bar I was at last night, so I met a lot of them last night. Now I probably won't be so nervous tonight.

Probably because I'm pretty goddamn hungover today.

Jess said...

I need to make a note of a new blog nickname as long as I'm here: The Boy I Currently Like's Smarter, Better-Looking Friend.

He did have a bitchin' hat. I really can't say no to a law-talkin' guy in a bitchin' hat.