09 December 2009

Booooooooooooooooo!

No, I was not saying "Boo-urns."

It's official -- The Bob Saget Fan Club is missing the playoffs for only the second time in its existence. Granted, this is only my sixth season. God, is it really the sixth? Counting on my fingers tells me that, yes, it is. However, I've been working for the better part of 12 hours and a good bit of it has been math-y, so I can't say for sure if I'm correct.

Whatever. I was playing with house money all season, since the stupid fucking stoner douchebags in my league can't pay their goddamn entry fee. In fact, despite not making the playoffs, I'm still owed money. Should I somehow manage to win the Toilet Bowl, I'll have about the same amount of money I had when the season started. I mean, I had the entry fee and I made all of three or four moves at a dollar a pop. I can't remember if we get money for weekly high point total, but if we do, I have two of those coming my way.

The playing with house money thing was part of what led me to do a few things differently this season. Basically, I took The Boy I Currently Like's advice on a few picks, including drafting Drew Brees much, much earlier than I've ever drafted a quarterback. I didn't want to do it. But dammit, he's so cute and he was so excited about my draft. I just couldn't say, "Yeah, fuck your advice. I'm going to do what I've always done."

Next year, I'm doing my draft at home, alone. I don't blame him for my season. Or, at the very least, I'm not going to say that anywhere he might read it or hear about it.

1 comment:

Daddy Geek Boy said...

I was saying "boo-urns".