26 November 2009

Can I be thankful that it's Thanksgiving?

Yay! It's finally here. KayGee and I have been talking about Thanksgiving since July. It is hands-down my favorite holiday of the year.

My prep is going well. Yesterday, I made apple crisp with candied ginger topping and cranberry-ginger relish. The mixers and vodka are in the second refrigerator (aka my deck, since it's 33 degrees). I just took the sweet potatoes out of the oven. I might go ahead and prep my Brussels sprouts if I end up with extra time. There's some tidying up to do yet. But I'm not at all stressed.

In fact, I'm taking my time this morning. There's a Tom & Jerry marathon on Cartoon Network, so I'm a bit distracted. They're showing all my favorites, too. *shakes fist* And I didn't even forget to set my fantasy line-up (not that it fucking matters) or do my picks. Yay me!

Probably though, I should get my ass in the shower shortly. My sister could be here by noon. And a good day of college hoops starts at 11:00 or noon. Thank goodness, because the NFL games all look like poop.

I hope you all have a lovely Turkey Day. Eat, drink and be merry.

2 comments:

Brian in Mpls said...

Gophers looked pretty good against Butler last night :)

Jess said...

They sure did!