24 October 2009

What is going on up there?

After a horribly shitty week, I was so ready to get some sleep last night. Especially since I was up before 3:00 a.m. yesterday and was unable to nap. (Side note: Why is everyone's first reaction to "I've been up since 3:00 this morning," always "Why?" Oh, I don't know. I thought I'd make a shitty day shittier? There was just so much on TV at that time. I hate to sleep, don't you? Sleep deprivation is awesome!) No fucking dice, because I was up at 3:00 this morning. At least I managed a wee nap after a couple of lunch beers.

Here I was, ready for bed after a bottle of wine and a couple of Benadryl, when my upstairs neighbor started having a party. It would seem that all the guests are wearing heavy, hard-soled shoes and he has no rugs. They do seem to like to tromp around a lot and love to slam the door more than one would think was necessary.

There is furniture being moved and something heavy rolling around on the floor directly above my couch. Oddly enough, no music, though. I guess, if he's home, the noise should be constant and there won't be any drunken-comings-home that make it sound like someone is trying to break down my door.

3 comments:

Reuben said...

"Jess": I've been up since 3:00 this morning.

Reuben: That's perfectly reasonable and typical, so I won't ask you why.

Jess said...

Touche.

Also, MY NAME IS JESS.

Reuben said...

i just don't know what to believe anymore...