13 October 2009

Tuesday things.

It pleases me to no end that after years of not watching Good Times, I can still sing along with the theme song when I have the show on for background noise.

My gym bag has been absorbing cooking smells and is now passing them on to my gym clothes. This drives me INSANE. I've Febreezed my gym bag (albeit with watered-down, Target-brand fabric refresher) and I have really strong-smelling dryer sheets in it (again, Target brand ... maybe that's the problem), but to no avail. My clothes smell like food. I hate it. I'm not sure what my options are, and I do not want to spend money on a new gym bag. That's just silly.

Speaking of food smells, my apartment reeks of vinegar right now. I made a raspberry chipotle sauce, as I had raspberries and jalapeƱos that needed to be used up. The sauce is DELICIOUS, so I guess it's worth the smell of apple cider vinegar that I cooked for 20 minutes.

Today marks Day Two of forgetting my contacts at home, which means I had to work out wearing my glasses. DO NOT WANT. God, I hate it so much. But I still went to the gym and worked out. I rule.

I went in to work for a 7:30 interview today, and of course, the dude didn't answer his phone. I don't know why I bother doing that shit, because those assholes NEVER show up. Ever. Why schedule with me at an odd time and then not show? I'd rather you just flat-out refused. It's not like I'm giving you a hard sell or anything. You say no, I'm like, "Okay, cool. Have a nice day." A few hours later, the project was put on hold for a year. That made me feel better, for some reason.

Of course, when one project is put on hold, another takes it's place. We have to be improving. I don't know how we can't be, as busy as we are. I just put in for a bunch of vacation time -- I'm taking the week between Christmas and New Year's off -- and I still have 4.5 days left to use before December 31. Shit. I might end up using vacation time to get my IUD/Essure. It should be sick time, but if I use vacation time, I don't have to make up some lie about the medical procedure I'm having done. Spending vacation days crampy and whatnot doesn't seem right, though, either.

Oh, and my fantasy football team sucks.

7 comments:

Bill From Gainesville said...

I hate it when my fantasy team sucks. Luckily though this week they did NOT suck.

Stephanie said...

What is your gym bag like? I've always tossed duffels in the washer when needed. Like when my roommate's cat peed in mine in college...

Reuben said...

you DEF want to use the sick days, cause you'll lose them too, right? Just start taking fridays off. That would be kickass.

Jess said...

This is the first time in a few years that my team has sucked this much, Bill. They look awesome on paper, but not so much in reality. Usually, it is the other way around. Look at my team and wonder how I make the playoffs. Stupid team.

My gym bag is pretty shitty, Stephanie. I worry it will fall apart in the washer. It's worth a shot, though.

We don't lose our sick days. They get banked or something, and you can use them if you're out for a few days or have something scheduled in advance. Still, I want to use them since I have them and I will be getting medical shit done. I just don't want to have to lie or be all evasive. Why must people be nosy?

Stephanie said...

Hmm. Maybe just soak it for a while? Hand wash your gym bag? Fancy gym bag. :)

Sigivald said...

Hit it with some spray enyzme stink-killer?

Jess said...

That sounds expensive/hard-to-find.

And I'm not hand-washing it. I have a rug to wash. I'll throw them in together on the gentlest of gentle cycles.