12 October 2009

Really?

I could see halfway reasonable people thinking the image below is pretty in December. Maybe even in late November -- especially after Thanksgiving. But on October 12? Not so much. It's just too early.



The normal temperature for this time of year is supposed to be around 60. Instead, it's been in the 30s and this is our second day of snow since Saturday. We're only supposed to get 1-2 inches, but it certainly looked like more than that on my car already this morning.



Of course, it's supposed to be near 60 on Sunday, so this isn't going to last. Hopefully, it'll be nothing but a bad memory in a couple of days.

4 comments:

Little Ms Blogger said...

Oh, I'm with you....October 12th photo of snow in my neighborhood would suck!

Mrs Marcos said...

Bad memory? More like small foreshadowing of what is to come!

I agree, it is too early for snow! Weird to see snow coating the very green leaves still attached to the trees in our yard.

Jess said...

I was trying to put a positive spin on it, dammit.

There needs to be a better transition between summer and winter, for fuck's sake. I can't go from sandals to boots in like, two weeks.

Bill From Gainesville said...

Pictures of Snow in the landscape are awesome when sent via the computer. /// in the world I live in that just does not happen,even in January...