18 October 2009

More Sunday posting.

Last weekend we were battling snow and today, it was 62 and sunny. There was a pretty good wind, but it was still an absolutely lovely day. I was on my way to the gym this morning (okay, more like shortly past noon) when I thought "Fuck this. I'm going to walk around the lake." And I did just that.

This time of year, you really have to take the nice days when they come and get all you can from them. And this is why it is 8:45 p.m. and my windows are open. Also, it's kinda warm in here. I've been cooking, making the bed and doing dishes. I even cleaned this afternoon! Crazy things happen when you get 10 hours of sleep for the first time in ... well, I can't remember.

Perhaps it's just because I'm in the season now, but I'm feeling like cooking in the Fall is much better than cooking in the Spring or Summer. I have stuff in the oven (meatloaf and a mix of root vegetables) and I'm doing all kinds of other stuff while my dinner (and lunch for the next several days) is doing its thing. I made the bed, added money to the dryer, did dishes and now I'm blogging. I'm feeling like maybe it's time to do some entertaining ... something where I could make some chili. That might be Nigella influencing me, though.

I've not done any entertaining in months. I've not really even gone out for months, save for some wedding-related shit. That is because I've been broke as fuck since July. And I didn't really go out this weekend, but I hung out with The Boy I Currently Like on Friday night and then The World's Worst Wing Woman last night. I adore them both, so I had a good fucking time.

And! I'm slowly, but surely, getting back to "normal" financially. I actually feel like maybe I could have people over and not be a totally shitty hostess. That's a good feeling. Plus, I have party invitations for the next two Saturdays and even if I don't go to either, it feels good to have shit going on, you know?

I don't know ... I'm feeling fairly good at the moment, so I'm going to enjoy it. I've got plenty of work to do at work, which means I don't have to stress about having enough to do. The work I have to do is project-based, so I'm not under any major daily deadlines. There is a shit-ton of work to do and not enough time to do it, but I don't have to worry about that tomorrow. There are events on the horizon, whether I go to them or not. Basketball will be starting soon. The Boy's Really Big Event at work is over, and it won't seem like he's a stranger anymore (though, that can make seeing each other after a couple of weeks Really Fucking Awesome). And it's even supposed to be sunny for another day before the clouds and rain come back.

Things are looking ... not bad.

No comments: