27 October 2009

It's good the little things make me happy.

Like hearing "Radar Love" when I walked into Trader Joe's tonight. Mary Lucia played it one day last week for her "No Apologies" track. I heard it once in between somewhere, possibly again at Trader Joe's. I fucking love that song. When I hear it, I want to say "I fucking love this song!" And I often do. But I try not to curse too loudly when I say it in public. Sometimes.

Another little thing tickled the shit out of me today, too. For the first time in six months, I was able to park on the street right outside my front door when I got home from a long day of work and the gym. Six months! It felt weird. It feels weird looking out there and seeing my car, especially since there are very few cars parked out there right now.

Oh, but it's nice. Soon, when it gets cold, it'll be really nice. As long as I have my remote starter, I'm going to use the fuck out of it. I might as well, right?

It's nice to have the street back to normal. I'll miss the quiet, but it's a bit more quiet with the nice, smooth blacktop out there. Other benefits: the lovely boulevard (though, some trees would be nice), the left-hand turn lanes and the marked parking lane. No more assholes thinking there is a second lane and nearly clipping your car. Or totalling your car, as it were.

Then again, given the number of people driving the wrong way down Lyndale just this weekend while the west side of the road was still blocked off ... I shouldn't get my hopes up, I guess.

Also nice, my boss popped over to my desk to thank me for the work I'm doing on this huge project -- for the extra hours. It was almost 6:00. It's nice that the long hours are being noticed, but staying at the office until almost 7:00 isn't so nice. Oh well. At least my assload of vacation time for December was approved. For now.

4 comments:

Kate said...

It is always nice to be able to park close - especially once it gets cold. Did they ever fix you pay?? I'm hoping so!!

Jess said...

It's as fixed as it's going to get. I'm hoping to have everything back to normal sometime after Christmas. Stupid fucking holidays costing so damn much money.

Little Ms Blogger said...

I love when I hear a favorite song in a store or anyplace other than my collection of cds.

Awesome about the parking spot. It's been awhile since I've lived in an apartment, but remember a great parking spot was like winning lotto!

Jess said...

I think there is something extra delightful about hearing a somewhat obscure song randomly on the radio or in a store or something.

Sure, if I have the CD or it's in my iTunes, I can listen to it whenever i want. But hearing it out and about makes it so much more awesome.