19 October 2009

Being social.

For the third night in four days, I have had plans with another person. Granted, I don't necessarily consider hanging out with The Boy I Currently Like to be social. It's ... well ... it is social. But it is social in another manner. Still, I like to look nice and all that stuff. So, it's social.

Then again, hanging out with the World's Worst Wing Woman and now KayGee tonight isn't exactly hanging out with People, either. You know how there is a difference between hanging out with people and hanging out with People, right? There are friends and assorted others you can be around in your pajamas, no makeup and whatnot, right? Then there are people you wear decent clothes for and try to make your hair look nice, right?

I enjoy being around both. And I actually try to look halfway decent to nice around the people who have seen me without makeup first thing in the morning more than anyone should, quite frankly. They deserve as much, I think. But at the same time, I'm so glad I don't have to try so hard if I don't really feel like doing full makeup, you know? It's good to have people in your life who want to be around you no matter how shitty you look.

So, after spending Friday night with The Boy and Saturday evening with the World's Worst Wing Woman, I went over to visit KayGee tonight. This was my third visit to the new condo. The first went well, because it was moving day and the cat hadn't dandered the place up. The second visit didn't go so well, as it was full ragweed season. I lasted just more than an hour. We were trying to find one last halfway-nice day to be able to spend some time out on the patio, away from the cat hair.

We went for a walk on the Greenway. It was our first time walking over the Martin Olav Sabo bridge, which was exciting. It's so pretty at night, all lit up. And the skyline views are lovely. God, I fucking love Minneapolis.

I managed to last about three hours, with a good chunk of it being outside. We managed to drink some wine, eat plenty of cheese and sausage, edamame and a really fucking excellent steak salad. I must admit, as much as I love cooking for others, it's really fucking nice to have others cook for me. KayGee makes a mean steak salad (among so many other things ... God, I'm so stoked for Thanksgiving), just as The Boy makes the best. breakfasts. ever.

Lucky for me, I got to see The Prison Librarian on my way out. She works a funky schedule, so it's hard to see her during the week. It's always a treat when that happens.

The week still doesn't look so bad after a good weekend and a fun Monday night, despite a fairly shitty day at work. Bring it on, Tuesday.

No comments: