10 September 2009

Perhaps I'm too quick to cast judgment.

You might remember the link I posted a couple of days ago, to the story about the study that found nearly half of men went straight to the boobies upon meeting a woman. Actually, I didn't really cast judgment. But I have done it in the past. It's hard not to, being a woman -- one with a considerable rack, to boot. Eyes up here, and whatnot.

Oh, but there's a wrinkle. Is it wrong for me to be annoyed at men ogling my cleavage when here I am today, admiring my own rack? My bra, combined with the dress I'm wearing, have The Girls looking awfully damn good today. I can't help it, dammit. This certainly isn't the only time I've ever been transfixed by my own Dirty Pillows.

They are my Fun Bags, though. I should be able to admire them all I want. With so many women, myself included, constantly finding only flaws in our bodies, it's good for one's self-esteem to actually like a body part(s). Sure, the right kind of guy ogling your tits might be good for your self-esteem, too. However, at the end of the day, it's still rude and gross (unless you have expressed or implied permission to ogle, of course). At least try not to be so damn obvious about it, for Christ's sake.

8 comments:

Leah Rubin said...

You are not too quick to pass judgment. Remember the adage, "We ARE here to judge."

And it's a lot like the difference between me dissing my mom and anyone else doing it. Uh-uh-uh!

Jess said...

I do love to judge.

(And I know people are judging me.)

Bill From Gainesville said...

I have been working at discreet boob ogling for a very long time.
-
Also, and this is kind of a corollary to boob ogling, but I love beautiful women in general and try to be discreet when staring at them as a whole, as well.

Jess said...

Subtle ogling is a fine skill to have. Kudos to you, sir, for honing said skill.

Diana said...

One of the many blessings in my life is that my girlfriends have such amazing racks. :)

Jess said...

So, you're only friends with me because of my rack?

Eh. It's much better than just getting free drinks for having a nice rack. So I'm okay with that.

Diana said...

No, it's just a happy coincidence. It's kind of funny that almost all of my friends have great racks - my poor son is going to be confused when he learns that not all boobies are Giant Economy Size.

Jess said...

Oh, I was just kidding. I know it's my sparkling personality that draws people to me.

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Hahahahahahaha. *wipes eyes* I kill me.

That poor child is in for a rude awakening some day.