25 September 2009

I did something nice today.

One of my coworkers has been out sick all week. First of all, she's awesome for staying home all week, save for a being in the office for a short while for some reason or another a couple of days ago. I'm mildly concerned about this whole H1N1 thing, only because I've not been using my Advair for about two months, since I can't afford to drop $150 on it what with my fiduciary difficulties. My asthma hasn't been that bad, but I can definitely tell the difference.

So, she's been being good and staying home. However, that means she's missing out on the CSA box this week. It just so happens that she lives all of a mile from me. When she e-mailed today to see if I would bring her box home with me and she'd pick it up this evening, I did her one better and just took it right to her house. I mean, it's essentially on my way home. I certainly didn't have to go out of my way or anything.

Now I'm doing even more nice stuff. I've got chocolate chip cookie dough chilling in the fridge so I can make cookies for The Boy I Currently Like. He's had a rough few weeks, plus he's getting us ribs for dinner tomorrow night. RIBS. I thought that deserved a bit more than just some bacon -- especially when he turns around and cooks the bacon for me in the morning. So that he's not overwhelmed, I'll spread some of the cookies out amongst my brother, sister and parents tomorrow. Everyone wins!

I just have to hope the dough chills sufficiently before I get too drunk. I've been known to burn myself on hot cookie sheets when I'm baking and drinking late at night.

No comments: