03 September 2009

The comedy of errors continues.

Oh my God, y'all. Guess who just called. THE HEAD OF PAYROLL. Can you guess why she was calling? I bet you can't.

Give up? Okay. The problem with the paychecks ... has not been fixed. I know, I know; I'm just as shocked as you. Allegedly, they have identified (again) the problem (which may or may not be the same problem. She assured me that the problem will be fixed for the next paycheck. Riiiiiiiiiiight.

The good news is, they have canceled the live check that was going out and they're going to wire the money today. I might actually even get it this afternoon. That would be sweet. The other good news is that my coworker received a call as well. This means that it's not only me still having this problem, and that my being an awful, awful pain in the ass has resulted in them keeping us all posted on what's going on.

There is even a third bit of good news. She's cutting a check (and mailing it of course) to reimburse me for my overdrafts. That would have been nice to have on Monday when I overdrafted again because I needed the reimbursement from my previous overdrafts, but what are you gonna do?

Everything's not exactly coming up Milhouse or anything, but at least it's getting better.

4 comments:

Little Ms Blogger said...

It must be the fact that yoga started up again.

Jess said...

Soon, I will have harmony and balance in my life again.

Or at the very least, I'll stop wanting to punch everyone and everything.

Bill From Gainesville said...

Not sure what the term "coming up Milhouse" actually means and I understand that you aren't saying your situation is quite that good even -- its like a "Half Milhouse" that you find yourself in... which seriously? what does that mean?

Jess said...

It's from The Simpsons:

% Milhouse stands in his room wearing pants with the cuffs rolled up.

[groans] I hate these flood pants. [opens door and water comes in up to his
ankles] Hey, they're working! My feet are soaked, but my cuffs are bone dry!
Everything's comin' up Milhouse! [struts out]