05 August 2009

Now with more meeting of friends.

Since it's been many months since the first of my friends met The Boy I Currently Like, it seemed like it was time for another little meet-n-greet.

I hate that it seems like this has to be such a big deal. I hate that I make it up in my mind to be such a big deal. Because at the end of the day, it really isn't. The Boy isn't going to show up at some big shindig and meet all my friends. I've tried to impress this upon them, and they sometimes get it. I know this and it is fine by me. Having to constantly explain it to people who know the reasons isn't so cool.

So, he's not going to come to a party and meet everyone. We've got to work around that. And working around that means working around the schedules of several people. I'm probably the biggest problem, as it turns out. I'm oddly rigid about my schedule, which makes working around others' schedules difficult. I'm very selfish about my time with The Boy, too. Tonight had been scheduled for a while and the closer it got, the more annoyed I got that I would have to be sharing him with the World's Worst Wing Woman and Macho Man.

We got some quality time in before they arrived. My shitty day at work was erased and I was actually looking forward to the night. Yay! Everyone got along fine. The Boy was delightful, the World's Worst Wing Woman and Macho Man were highly entertaining, as always. I made a pretty good dinner. The World's Worst Wing Woman really liked it, anyway. I even got two really nice bottles of booze out of the deal. It's nice having rich friends.

I love my friends, and I'm very glad the ones who have met The Boy think he's quite great. Who doesn't like having their taste validated? I'm pretty sure they're not just saying they like him, either. KayGee had me calling him to see if he would come over while we were deck drinking. Macho Man wants to be invited over to play Rock Band some weekend, because he didn't think they got a chance to bond properly.

And at the rate we're going, The Boy should have met my very good friends by the time we're 40. Sweet!

2 comments:

Little Ms Blogger said...

I think our imaginations sometimes get the better of us.

I'm glad you had a great dinner and could forget about the crappy day.

Btw, I totally agree with having friends validate your choice of men. It's not necessary, but nice to see that others see what you do.

Jess said...

Oh, absolutely. I've written many times about my penchant (talent?) for awfulizing.

Validation might not be the right word. However, I can't think of a better one. I'm just glad everyone has gotten along just fine.