25 August 2009

Is there no refuge?

I took Friday off of work, but had to go in for a conference call and to get my CSA veggies. While at the farm the rest of Friday, I had to talk about work with my family. There was more talking about work on Saturday, when I realized I'd not gotten paid again.

Even worse than that was the fact that Friday night and Saturday night I was dreaming about work. Sunday was blissfully mostly work-related-stuff-free. Save for having to prepare for the work week, of course. And the lingering payroll bullshit, which I imagine will be lingering for the foreseeable future.

After working all day yesterday, I talked to my mom and KayGee about work. And even though I only slept a little more than six hours last night, my work dream seemed like it lasted eight hours. Then it was back to work today AND IT IS ONLY TUESDAY.

Right now, I think all I can do is pray for the sweet release of death. Something's got to give, no?

Oh, and I broke two wine glasses within an hour of getting home from the gym. One, I apparently broke with nothing but brute strength.

Calgon, take me away.

3 comments:

Bill From Gainesville said...

Sounds like Work is kicking your ass a little bit. Switch to man coverage, but mix in a little zone with your most agile down lineman and you will soon get a pick and can go on the offense against your job problems....

Little Ms Blogger said...

When was the last time you took a vacation - a whole week, not just a day?

It sounds like you need it.

Remember your other option is to be unemployed. Yeah, it's nice to have days to yourself, but I'd love some $$ to do normal everyday stuff.

Jess said...

The last time I had a week off was when I was unemployed. I tried to take several days off last year around the holidays, but I was thwarted, because we were too busy.

Fortunately, I have to use all of my vacation time before the end of the year or I'll lose it. I'm thinking now I'll take the week between Christmas and New Year's off, but who knows.

It's not like I'll have money to do anything if I have time off, anyway. At this point, I'd just like to get paid on my next pay day, so I can pay my rent. I like to dream big.