19 August 2009

Ain't that just a bummer?

Things today didn't exactly go all that well.

I spent an hour on the phone with a colleague repeating himself again and again about how we didn't have enough time to do this huge project we are working on that started today and ends tomorrow. Hey, thanks for the update and thanks for wasting an hour of my time that I could have spent working on the project.

The one little break I got during the work day, I spent on the phone with my brother, who was let go from his job yesterday.

Around 5:00, I called the gym to see if there would be yoga tonight. Adam, who answered the phone, said yes. When I arrived at about 6:50, there was a note on the desk saying yoga was cancelled. I sputtered and said, "But I called!" Apparently, the note had been out since noon. Thanks for getting my hopes up, Adam.

(The question for the booth on the Twins game tonight was submitted by a guy from my hometown. Yay?)


Because I was in complete panic mode at work today, I didn't eat lunch. I'm not sure that panic mode was what made me want to vomit when smelling my Thai salad (I swear, it's good! I ate it yesterday!), but I had neither the time nor desire to eat it. I made do with a few snacks. Quite frankly, I'm amazed I managed to do most of my workout. I'm even more amazed I didn't walk out of the gym and straight home to a bottle of wine when I saw that yoga had been canceled.

My day off on Friday is going to include a stop in the office for a conference call about this stupid fucking project asking us to do two weeks of work in two fucking days. I was stopping in anyway to get my CSA veggies, but now I actually have to fucking work. BOO.

There might be more, but I can't fucking remember. I was so hungry and so wiped out after the gym that I stopped at Trader Joe's and got a frozen pizza. I have homemade pizza dough in my fridge, but I just did not have the energy to do that much work. Dishes need to be done and ... there might be more. But I just don't fucking care.

At least drinking after working out on a REALLY empty stomach will get me drunk and happy in a most efficient manner.

4 comments:

Bill From Gainesville said...

Empty stomach drinking is a fine pleasure in life!

Jess said...

It is terribly delightful. I've gotten my second wind now!

Ventilator said...

Days like yours remind me of WHY I drink. Like I needed a reminder.

Jess said...

Dude, I am getting SO SHIT-FACED tonight.

(Actually, I'll probably have a couple of glasses of wine and crawl into bed after The Daily Show. But I'm going to try, dammit.)