14 July 2009

Why I love Jezebel, and the people who read this blog.

I had a fairly crap day at work, but after being stood up by my second interview target, I decided to take a break and read a bit of Jezebel. And I'm glad I did, because I saw this delightful post: "The 7 Worst Crimes Committed in Women's Bathrooms."

Obviously, I needed to blog about it. But I had to go to the gym and then get some chicken marinating, wash dishes and make balsamic strawberries when I got home. Upon checking my phone as I left the shitty SLP Bally, I saw an e-mail from Shevvi, who lurks 'round these parts, with a link to the very same Jezebel post, saying it made her think of me.

Awwwwwwwww. You guys.

The comments are much better than the post itself, because I think the post has at least one glaring omission. How is poo smeared on walls, doors and seats not on the list? What about shit somehow sprayed all over three stalls, which has happened more than once at Bally? How do you have explosive diarrhea more than once at the gym, or how do that many people have it at the same place? I don't get it.

But really, reading that post and the comments really just makes me wonder more than ever, what the fuck is wrong with people?

4 comments:

Reuben said...

anal eruptions often occur when you least expect them...

Little Ms Blogger said...

Seriously, shit on the walls and doors? Where are you going to the bathroom - in a barnyard?

Maybe the confusion lies with the concept of TP and its use. Maybe people are thinking walls and doors are TP...

Jess said...

Yes, I suppose these things can catch you unawares. However, I still don't understand how you can get shit everywhere over three stalls if you're sitting on the toilet.

Funny you should mention a barnyard, LMB. I've seen the Bally bathrooms cleaned -- they do it with a hose. Just like the way my dad cleans the hog barns. Well, he uses a pressure washer. Maybe Bally should invest in one.

Little Ms Blogger said...

Really? A hose? Oh god, I hope there are good drains on the floor.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'd use a hose if people were smearing shit all over the stalls.