30 July 2009

Something wonderful and magical has happened.

The nasty work bathroom is no more. Isn't it odd how when something goes back to the way it was, it's less noticeable than when it changed in the first place? Why is that?

It's not that I didn't notice it was gradually getting quieter and neater and less smelly. But I worried maybe it was too good to be true. I have no idea where those nasty skanks have gone, but sweet buttery Christ, I'm glad they're gone.

At the very least, they've moved off of our floor. Sometimes I see some of them out in the parking lot, so I know they're not all gone. Perhaps it was some big training program and they've all gone to where they're meant to be. While in the loo (when Dumbledore asked if he could use the loo at the beginning of HPVI, my nephew had to loudly ask his mom, "What's a loo?"), I overheard more than a couple conversations about people moving elsewhere while others were being let go.

Now I only have one disgusting bathroom in my life. Alas, I don't believe there will be changes at the gym any time soon. The way work has been going lately, it's nice to have my refuge back, where I can hear songs I'd just heard on The Current or my iPod, while wondering if the bees are going to sting me to death.

6 comments:

Jerious Norwood said...

Obviously you don't consider "the boy"'s bathroom to be "in your life".

Jess said...

His bathroom's not bad. I'd even shower there if it was necessary, which is something I'd never have done at the old place.

Jerious Norwood said...

Did he hire a maid or something? Short of a major intervention of some sort, I don't think I believe you.

Jess said...

I'm not saying it's spotless or anything. But I have seen cleaning products in the bathroom and he's doing a fair job of picking up and keeping the clutter at bay.

Besides, he's not even lived there a year yet. He hasn't had sufficient time to do much damage.

Jerious Norwood said...

Alright.... I guess I might by that. Still.

Jess said...

Baby steps, Jerious. Baby steps. It's a definite improvement.