22 July 2009

I hate it when I get ahead of myself.

This morning on the way to work I was contemplating this blog post. I often write posts in my head long before I actually sit down to type them out. Does this make me a huge nerd? Almost certainly.

When I started composing this in my head earlier today, it was going to be surprisingly positive. I was supposed to go the Sonic Youth show at First Ave last night with Sweetness. However, my tension headache had intensified from the previous night to the point where I was praying for the sweet release of death. Or at least to be able to see properly while driving to work.

Fortunately, Sweetness was able to get The Brute to go to the show with him. I felt bad for bailing at the last minute, but less bad because I didn't fuck shit up too badly. This, of course, meant I could go to yoga. I'd forgotten how much I like Jen's yoga class, since it had been quite some time since I'd been able to hit one of her morning classes. I figured working out would help the headache, despite the fact that it got worse at the gym the night before.

How delightful it was to be home early (class finished at 7:30). There wasn't much cooking to do and I only had one night of dishes. Plus, I was going to get to bed at a decent hour! Not to mention I wasn't spending any money on drinks and dinner at O'Donovan's and then more drinks at the show.

Well, the early-to-bed thing didn't work out. I stayed up to watch the Twins win on the West Coast in extra innings. Still, I woke up actually feeling good. I think the yoga and not worrying about how much money I was going to spend and how staying out late was going to totally fuck up my week made me relax enough that my headache dissipated to barely noticeable.

I was going to have a great day! A great rest of the week, even!

Whoa. Slow your roll there, Missy. For the past few weeks at work, I've had this god-awful time suck of a project hanging over my head. I have no idea what I'm doing and it is an internal project, so the countless hours I'm spending on it are totally hurting me.

But being clueless and spending hours spinning my wheels isn't the best part. I'm working with the woman who did most of my training last year. And I feel like I've been transported back to where I was last year. That is not a good place to be. Nothing I do is right, but apparently if one of my coworkers takes what I did and changes it around slightly, she does a great job! I really didn't want to spend my day fighting tears.

All is not lost, however. There are only two work days left this week. I have wine. Sarah gave me an Amish Friendship Bread starter (I'll have starters of my own in 10ish days if anyone is interested). I got to spend a couple of minutes with Ein the Corgi when I went to pick the starter up. And Saturday I get to hang out with The Boy I Currently Like. That's pretty much the only thing keeping me going at the moment.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love that bread! I was actually thinking this week about how much I like it and how it reminds me of when I was little. I'll take some!

I'm glad that things are looking up for you a bit. :)

supertoyz said...

Wow Jess, we’re almost the same person! I too have my posts almost fully written in my head before I write them. I don’t have a boy I currently like (I have a girl), I don’t do yoga or really enjoy Sonic Youth. Other than that, we’re totally the same!

My wife get those tension headaches too. They seem like a real downer.

Jess said...

It's so nice to have kindred spirits out there. Even if they're boys. (Kidding!)

One of the starters is yours, Stephanie. It'll be ready at the end of next week.