15 July 2009

Choosing the bright side.

My week hasn't been going super awesomely great. But I'm not going to bitch about my job or whatever other things are making my week not so super awesomely great. I'm going to look on the bright side. I'm going to be positive. Take that, um, whoever.

What is there on the bright side? Well, I'm glad you asked.

I've been eating really, really well this week. The coworker with whom I'm sharing the CSA box was out last week, so I got the entire box. Oh my, have the contents been delicious. I've had oven-roasted beets, oven-roasted cauliflower and broccoli, lovely romaine for salads, kick-ass green beans and more that I've not even gotten to yet. Shit. I even ate some of the strawberries. I gave most to The Boy I Currently Like, but he couldn't possibly have taken all of them. So I made balsamic strawberries last night and had them over vanilla ice cream. OH. MY. GOD. YUM.

Tonight was my last regular yoga night at the gym, but on Monday, Renee gave me passes to LA Fitness so I can go to her classes. She gave them only to me, too. Also, Macho Man seems to think LA Fitness is much cheaper than I thought it might be. He could be talking out his ass, of course, but maybe he's right. Sweet.

The time has come where I can put on and take off my dress pants and a pair of jeans without unbuttoning or unzipping them. Probably not too far away from them falling off on their own. Actually, the jeans will slide dangerously far down if I'm walking down the street. Maybe I'll go to Goodwill to look for "new" pants or jeans, but I checked Old Navy to see if they still had the dress pants I bought last year. To my surprise, they not only still have them, but they're $10 cheaper than when I bought them. In fact, I'm getting to the point where a whole bunch of clothes are getting too big.

Last, but not least, tomorrow is Thursday. The week is almost done. And I have wine.

4 comments:

Little Ms Blogger said...

Awesome about the clothes, free passes and the yummy food from CSA.

Sometimes I find it harder to focus on the great stuff happening in my life, but when I do, my mood gets lifted.

Jess said...

I don't know that my mood was necessarily lifted, but I'm not totally focused on the bad. So, that's something.

One other thing to add to the list: my boobs look awesome in the dress I'm wearing.

Reuben said...

slimming down, huh? are you going to post before & after pictures?

Jess said...

Doubtful, as I take awful, awful pictures and there doesn't seem to be that much of a difference in pictures, either. My ass, she is still fat.