05 July 2009

Bumpits, bullshit and bump-offs.

While at the gym yesterday, I saw a commercial for Bumpits.



However, some bullshit caught my attention and made me forget all about Bumpits and the blog post I was going to write about them. My car had to be towed from the lower-level parking ramp of the gym because it wouldn't start. Wheeeeeeee! I'd gone about five months with this car before I needed to drop $600 in it. AWESOME. Truth be told, I've only put in half of it at this point. I'm waiting until the weekend to do the rest of the repairs at the dealership. I just hope I can make it that long.

Last night, however, while The Boy I Currently Like and I were watching SNL, someone's hair reminded me of some of the less-ridiculous styles in the commercial, and I remembered I wanted to blog about the awesomeness of Bumpits. Something else I saw on TV at the gym was supposed to be in the post as well, but I can't remember what it was, other than it also started with a "B."

Look, I don't really understand the horror and trauma of totally flat, pin-straight hair. Then again, I really don't understand why you'd want to create some of the hairstyles featured in that commercial -- unless you live in Texas or maybe New Jersey. The commercial on the website is better than the one I posted above. I urge you to watch it just so you can see the woman who used a mini Bumpit to create some sort of bastardized mall bangs. They are fan-fucking-tastic. Those things cannot be comfortable, can they? And wearing more than one? Who would do that?

Finally, The Bob Saget Fan Club is mourning the death of our former quarterback, Steve McNair. Remember boys and girls, stay away from crazy, no matter how hot he or she is.

6 comments:

Reuben said...

OMG! I saw a commercial for this over the weekend, too! This has got to be the stupidest thing EVER. Honestly, if I ever saw someone with one of those hairstyles, I would think, "WTF is that huge bump on her head???" Yuck.

Rebel Mel said...

Hahaha. I swear, the hairstyles get bigger and bigger as the commercial progresses.

Emily said...

I like that they open with girls at the pool. Somehow I feel like Bumpits and swimming don't mix.

Kate said...

I saw this commercial 10 minutes ago and watched it intensely with a horrified look on my face. Does anyone want to look like that? ANYONE?

Jess said...

I think the kind of woman who would go as far as to create an enormous hairdo with a Bumpit is the kind of woman who isn't going to actually get into the pool.

Then again ...

Anonymous said...

Haha..when I first saw this commercial, I thought it WAS an SNL skit! Seriously, it would be so easy to turn this into one -- some of the women looked ok but some of the hairstyles were truly ugly and scary!