15 May 2009

You can't call it "hanging out" after 3:00 a.m.

"Are you ever going to answer your phone? I want to hang out." That's the actual message I got from Booty Call Matt in the wee hours of this morning.

*sigh* Really?

Every. single. time. I think I've heard the last from him, he pops back up. Dude, I've not seen you in going on two years. It's been more than a year since I've spoken to you. Why do you keep calling me? More importantly, what on Earth makes you think it's okay to call me 16 times between 3:19 and 3:30 a.m. after not calling me for several months?

Okay, I know he keeps calling because I never officially ended things with him. But Jesus fucking Christ, an hour after bar time on a weeknight is not the time to have that discussion. If he'd call at a semi-decent hour, I would explain the situation to him. I no longer fear a repeat of what happened when I tried to break it off with him once before (after 45 minutes of whining and begging on the phone, he ended up at my place "to say goodbye." I'm sure you can all figure out what happened). However, I don't think I owe it to him to actually call him and tell him what's up.

Now I'm fucking exhausted, of course. I had to wake up and figure out how to silence my ringer, which is no easy task when the calls are coming one after another with just seconds in between. Dammit!

Knowing he's still around and interested is kind of the last fucking thing I need right now.

9 comments:

Little Ms Blogger said...

Too bad you couldn't program your phone to auto dial him for a straight week at 3:00 a.m. for 15 minutes each night.

Sleep is precious to me.

Emily said...

Wow . . . I don't think I'd even give him the benefit of the doubt that you owe him an explanation. That kind of behavior is creepy.

Jess said...

Oooh, I wonder if someone could figure out some sort of software that could bug him.

That's not as creepy as it's gotten, Emily. I'd say the height of creepiness was a couple of summers ago when I wouldn't answer the phone, he came to my bedroom window. Not. Cool.

Umbrella said...

This could have been written under the entry "This is what happens when you can't say, "No.""

And from a grammer standpoint, should I have used a single quote instead of a double quote? Back to back double quotes looks weird.

Jess said...

Yes, I suppose you're right about that. I mean, I can say no to him. But I do not have the energy for trying to reason with a horny drunk at 3:30 in the morning.

You should indeed use the single quote within the main quote. It's can be a bit tricky when you have the two quotes ending at the same point.

Muffy Willowbrook said...

BCM sounds like an egotistical idiot. As if you'd still want to 'hang out', ahem, after a year of not speaking, especially at that hour.

Move on, Buddy!

Garwood B. Jones said...

Made me think of Love Jam No. 1 by Har Mar Superstar. Opening lyric:

You think I'd call you up in the middle of the night, if I didn't want to talk girl? I hope you don't think this is a booty call - cause I thought we were beyond that.

Garwood B. Jones said...

BCM is no Har Mar.

Jess said...

He most certainly is not.