14 May 2009

Thirsty Thursday.

It really should be Friday by now, shouldn't it? Come on.

First of all, I got a call from some woman telling me I needed to set up a phone interview about my parents' business succession plan. Wha? Lady, are you sure you have the right Jessica at the right phone number? Shouldn't I know something about this? "Yes, you should," she said. Turns out my dad told my brother and sister, but somehow forgot to tell me. I guess it's just a formality, to make sure there's a plan if something happens to my dad or to my uncle; so spouses and children know what they're supposed to do.

Fun!

Tonight, I met up with Stephanie at the gym for the yoga/pilates class. She wanted a little motivation to actually go to the gym and I needed someone to make me break out of my schedule to actually give that class a shot. So, yay for both of us! Renee, our delightful instructor, seemed oddly pleased to see me there (she teaches my Monday and Wednesday yoga classes, too). It was a little odd, but a little nice. I'm glad Stephanie got me to go.

I'm not entirely sure what I think of the class. Pilates requires a bit more coordination than I have. Or maybe I should be a bit more charitable with myself and say that hey -- it was mostly new to me and I'll get it figured out soon enough. I'm not sure what I'll do about the awful motherfucking foot, calf and hamstring cramps I got, though. Holy balls. OUCH. My right calf still hurts. I need some damn bananas. But I'll totally go again. Probably only with Stephanie, though.

When I got home, I was ever so productive. I oven-roasted some asparagus from the farm. Then I made rhubarb crisp with the rhubarb I picked on Sunday. I totally used half whole-wheat flour for the crumb topping. So, it's healthy, you know. Good news -- it tastes the same! God, it's so tart and just a bit sweet. Any other fruit crisp just can't compare. They're all entirely too sweet. But rhubarb? Fuck and yes. The balance is delightful. Also, I very nearly made tzatziki sauce, but ... I'll do that tomorrow or Saturday.

I think that's it for tonight. I think I had more to say, but that 13-inning, nearly five-hour Twins game last night is catching up with me.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

It SHOULD be the weekend. You are completely correct there.

Yeah, that class killed me the first time I went and was so much easier this time. Pilates kind of blows but you can tell that it really is working good muscles.

Thanks for going with me! I didn't even go to McDonald's after like I wanted. I made good choices. God, I'm smug. "Pilates, sensible dinner, la la la."

Jess said...

Ooooh, nicely done on resisting the McDonald's temptation. I came home and drank. Yay!

I'm not nearly as sore as I thought I might be. However, I think it's going to be a bitch getting out of bed tomorrow.

Thank you for asking me to go!

Little Ms Blogger said...

Btw, whatever happened to your fan/stalker at the gym?

Jess said...

Oh, I still see here from time to time, but not up close. I'm still here, so she'll let me live.