29 April 2009

I'd like a moment to breathe, please.

I'm still fairly astounded that on Monday last week, I was in a panic about not having any work to do. Within a few hours, I got a ton dumped on me. And then I got more throughout the week. Then I found out that the guy with whom I share all the workload from a single client was going to be out all of this week. Then I got more work dumped on me.

On Monday, I was about ready to put my fist through a wall or a computer through the window. I'm only now just catching my breath. But hey -- today, I left work after just eight hours! It's a ... miracle of some sort. Unfortunately, while the days fly by and I'm left wondering where the fucking time went at like, 5:30, this week feels like it's dragging. Actually, that's been the case for a while now. I like it, but I don't. I mean, how is it only Wednesday?

The worst part is, I've been so busy, I've not been able to give more than a random thought to the beer-tasting party coming up on Saturday. Saturday! What kind of beer am I going to get? When will I get this fucking dump cleaned up? How am I going to assemble the perfect playlist for this party? What the fuck food am I going to feed these lovely people? Okay, I've given a tiny thought to that -- I'm for sure making bacon-wrapped bratwurst. Yeah, you read that right.

Meh. I'm sure it will all work out in the end. If not, lots of new potential friends will think I'm an asshole. Best they find out early.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Yeah . . . if you give me a brat wrapped in bacon, I'm not really going to be concerned about your housekeeping skills. :)

Jess said...

So my clever plan was not really all that clever. Dammit! I guess it doesn't matter, as long as it works.

Sarah said...

ooh! I'm going to make soft pretzels and bring them (if that's OK). Let me know how many I should bring for the sharing...

Jess said...

Uh, that's more than okay. YUM! (I found a mustard dipping sauce I was going to make for the bacon-wrapped-brats ... I bet it would be good with pretzels, too!)

The confirmed RSVP list stands at 12. Fuckers who can't be bothered to RSVP (or have their lovely wife do it for them) just won't get a damn pretzel.

Little Ms Blogger said...

Bacon wrapped bratwurst? Hmmm. I love hotdogs, but have to be honest, I don't think I've ever had a bratwurst.

Would a bacon wrapped hotdog taste as good?

Btw, what was the name of the company that sold the bacon products you were raving about?

Jess said...

I'm a sad excuse for a Midwestern girl, because I didn't start eating brats until a few years ago. I'm totally making up for lost time, now, though.

Bacon-wrapped hotdogs would likely be delectable. I've had bacon-wrapped-lil' smokies and those were good.

Are you talking about Bacon Salt? I see Justin and Dave were on Oprah recently. I'm guessing that's why I'm getting so many visits from their site over the last few days.