25 April 2009

Good things come to those who wait.


The dough I made last weekend has been sitting in the fridge, waiting to be made into bread. I was a bit lacking for time during the week and it was too cold, then too hot to be attempting anything.

But I gave it a shot again late this morning, and let me tell you, that failed loaf from Sunday was an anomaly. The loaf that came out of the oven less than an hour ago is absolutely glorious. It looks good and hot. DAMN. Does it taste good. I imagine I'll have it demolished today. I used the Dutch oven method (hahahahahahaha ... Dutch oven), and I'm certain that I'll be using this exclusively. It's so damn easy.

Perhaps I should make another loaf before I head over to see The Boy I Currently Like tonight. I bet it would make delightful toast to accompany our bacon and eggs in the morning. Plus, more baking will help keep my apartment warm.

No comments: