09 April 2009

Enjoy your e. coli, lady.

The first time I went into the loo this morning, I noticed a coffee cup sitting on the vanity/counter next to a sink. This is nothing new. Drinks and foodstuffs are often abandoned (and consumed ... blech) in the bathroom. Yesterday, there was a half-full cup sitting next to a bottle of Dr. Pepper on the table in the "lounge area" all goddamn day.

A short time after my first trip, I was heading back to pee again (fucking coffee) and walked in at the same time as a couple of women from the Office of the Disgusting Cunts. One was holding that very same coffee cup I'd seen earlier.

She was telling her compatriot how upset she was, sitting there at her desk, that she'd lost or forgotten her coffee. But then she went into the bathroom and there it was, like two hours later. It was cold, but hey -- it was still there! AND SHE WAS DRINKING IT.

Look, I've been fairly desperate for caffeine a few times in my past, but there are limits to which I'll go to get it. Sometimes dealing with a foggy brain and a headache is better than the alternative. I mean, you obviously come into this bathroom a few times a day. You've seen what people do to it. Sometimes, I swear I can taste the smell in there. Your coffee is not just cold. I'm pretty sure it's got some nasty stuff in it now, too.

Of course, I was less surprised -- but still completely grossed out -- that she would do such a thing when both she and her compatriot exited their stalls (she took her coffee in with her, of course) and left without washing their hands.

8 comments:

Bitterly Books said...

Yeah, it was more than coffee by the time she retrieved her mug. Look up the toilet aerosol effect to be horrified by the thought of toilet water misting into the air every time you flush.

Jess said...

I will do no such thing. My imagination does a fine job on its own. I need no facts to scare me more.

Honestly, if I have to pee while getting ready and I have coffee or a drink in the bathroom with me, I will move it at least two rooms away before I do anything with the toilet.

Little Ms Blogger said...

I only have one word ewwwwww....

Does she wash her hands?

Jess said...

Oh goodness, no. Why wash your hands while enjoying your poopy coffee?

Sigivald said...

At least it's acidic - and if it's black, it won't have a good growth encourager.

Jess said...

She didn't really look like the type who takes her coffee black. She wasn't all the way down to the "whipped cream and sprinkles" end of the spectrum, but I think she was definitely in Mochaland.

Stereos and Souffles said...

She took her coffee in her stall? What the hell! Maybe she adds a special treat when she's in there. Ewww.

Jess said...

Hahahahahahahaha. Gross.